Home » , , , , , , , » I Want to Know What Love Is (Cover Version of Foreigner)

I Want to Know What Love Is (Cover Version of Foreigner)

I Want to Know What Love Is

With the rusty voices over this beautiful song, I want to know what love is, Anyway I used to sing that 20 years ago. So happy listening without much expectation as this is my first attempt record it and some revival of this song.

"I Want to Know What Love Is" is a power ballad by the British-American rock band Foreigner. It was released in November 1984 as the lead single from their album, Agent Provocateur. The song hit number-one in both the United Kingdom and the United States and is the group's biggest hit to date. It remains one of the band's best known songs and most enduring radio hits charting in the top 25 in 2000, 2001, and 2002 on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Recurrents chart. "I Want to Know What Love Is" has continued to garner critical acclaim, and is listed as one of the Rolling Stone magazine's greatest songs of all time at #479.


I Want to Know What Love Is

Whenever you see a (E) which indicated it had been enhanced using youtube tools to make it louder.
If you unable to watch the video over this blog, please click Here.




If you unable to watch the video over this blog, please click Here.




Published on Sep 30, 2015
Ref: 20150930-00051-2015071402-00000-SUNP0001
Recorded at Jerantut, Pahang, M'sia

If you unable to watch the video over this blog, please click Here.




Those who keen to invite me to sing in any concert as your guest singer or xfactor, BGT, AGT, The Voice or any musical events, feel free contact me at london.jamesnakason at gmail dot com. Preferred countries mostly from USA, Canada, Russia, EU, UK, Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Thailand, Philippines, Australia, NZ, India and South America. I love singing, and play musical instruments like Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Bass, Harmonica (24 holes), Violin, Recorder (Soprano & Treble-altro), Midi gadgets.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone006/
Backup FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Nakason/335170904327
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamesNakasoneHuangCareer/posts
Blogger: Site: http://jntubechannels.blogspot.com/
Blogger Site: http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.com/
Download: https://vimeo.com/99999999
News: X Factor hopefuls experience joy and sorrow at auditions in Sage Gateshead

Contact: Skype id: jamesnakasone or alphajanaka

Video Shot by Myself
Video Edited by Myself
"I Want to Know What Love Is'' by the British-American rock band Foreigner
Written by:  Mick Jones
Category: Music
License Standard: YouTube License
Created using: YouTube Video Editor
Source videos: View attributions

I Want to Know What Love Is


From: Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia.

"I Want to Know What Love Is" is a power ballad by the British-American rock band Foreigner. It was released in November 1984 as the lead single from their album, Agent Provocateur. The song hit number-one in both the United Kingdom and the United States and is the group's biggest hit to date. It remains one of the band's best known songs and most enduring radio hits charting in the top 25 in 2000, 2001, and 2002 on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Recurrents chart. "I Want to Know What Love Is" has continued to garner critical acclaim, and is listed as one of the Rolling Stone magazine's greatest songs of all time at #479.

Written and composed by Mick Jones, with an uncredited portion (somewhere between 5% according to Jones and 40% according to Gramm) by Lou Gramm, and produced by Jones and Alex Sadkin, "I Want to Know What Love Is" was the first single released from Foreigner's album Agent Provocateur (1984).[1][2] The song features backing vocals from the New Jersey Mass Choir affiliated with the Gospel Music Workshop of America, Dreamgirls star Jennifer Holliday, and the Thompson Twins. The choir also appears in the song's music video.

"I Want to Know What Love Is" reached #1 in the UK Singles Chart on January 15, 1985, displacing Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas?", staying there for three weeks, and knocked Madonna's long-running "Like a Virgin" out of #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 on February 2, 1985. It was Foreigner's first and only pop chart topper in either country, although the band had four #1 Mainstream Rock hits and a #1 Adult Contemporary radio hit in the US. This was the band's third of four #1 singles on the Mainstream Rock chart. The song spent five weeks at #1 in Australia and also hit the top of the charts in Canada, Norway, and Sweden, peaking at #2 in Switzerland and South Africa.

The song has received positive retrospective reviews from critics, with Bret Adams of AllMusic writing: "It's not hard to see why it became Foreigner's first #1 single. Its dreamy, hypnotic feel is due in part to Lou Gramm's soulful lead vocals and the New Jersey Mass Choir's background vocals."[1]
The song was also issued as a 12" single with a longer time length of 6:23. This version contains a slightly longer intro and an extended vocal chorus/fadeout ending. The single's B-Side "Street Thunder (Marathon Theme)" is an instrumental track originally appearing on The Official Music of the XXIII Olympiad - Los Angeles 1984 and later on the band's 2-CD compilation Jukebox Heroes: The Foreigner Anthology (2000).

Soon after Foreigner's single topped the charts, the New Jersey Mass Choir released its own similar-sounding version of the song on an album that it also titled I Want to Know What Love Is. The choir's single peaked at #37 on the Hot Black Singles chart and #12 on the Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart.
The Foreigner song was ranked by Billboard as the #4 Billboard Hot 100 single of 1985.[4] It was the band's fourth Gold single in the U.S.[5] and their first and only Gold single in the UK.[6]

Originally consisting of three verses, a pre-chorus and a chorus, the song was extended with a bridge written by original songwriter Mick Jones specifically for Tina Arena's cover in 1998.

Lyrics


I've gotta take a little time
A little time to think things over
I'd better read between the lines
In case I need it when I'm older
Ohhh

Now this mountain I must climb
Feels like the world upon my shoulders
Up through the clouds I see love shine
It keeps me warm as life grows colder

In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this lonely life

I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me
Oh, oh, ooh

I'm gonna take a little time
A little time to look around me
I've got nowhere left to hide
It looks like love has finally found me

In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this lonely life

I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me

I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
(And I wanna feel) I wanna feel what love is
(I know) I know you can show me

(Let's talk about love) I wanna know what love is
(Love that you feel inside) I want you to show me
(And I'm feeling so much love) I wanna feel what love is
(Oh, you just can't hide) I know you can show me
Oh, oh

I wanna know what love is
(Let's talk about love) I want you to show me
(I wanna feel it) I wanna feel what love is (I wanna feel it, too)
(And I know, and I know) I know you can show me
Show me that it's real, yeah
Yeah, yeah

I wanna know what love is (I wanna know, oh, oh)
I want you to show me (I wanna know, I wanna know, I wanna know)
I want to feel what love is (I wanna feel)
I know you can show me





Read more: Foreigner - I Want to Know What Love Is Lyrics | Wikia







Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New templates on your Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. JN Creative Entertainment - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger