Home » , , , , , , , , , » Everything I Own (Cover Version of David Gates - The Bread)

Everything I Own (Cover Version of David Gates - The Bread)

Everything I Own ...

41 years ago today, Bread – the band, not the tasty baked treat – released the single that gave them their fourth top-five hit on the Billboard Hot 100.
Like the three big hits that preceded it, “Everything I Own” was written by David Gates, who – along with Jimmy Griffin and Rob Royer – was one of the founding members of Bread. The song was written by Gates as a tribute to his late father. “My success would’ve been so special to him, as he was my greatest influence,” Gates said in the book 1000 UK #1 Hits. “So I decided to write and record ‘Everything I Own’ about him. If you listen to he words, ‘You sheltered me from harm, kept me warm, gave my life to me, set me free,’ it says it all.”
When “Everything I Own” was released in 1972, it made it to #5 on the Billboard
Beyond that, there have also been covers by a remarkably diverse collection of other artists, including – but not limited to – Shirley Bassey, The Connells, Crystal Gayle, Susanna Hoffs and Matthew Sweet, Chrissie Hynde, Vanessa Hudgins, Olivia Newton-John, Rod Stewart, and…Tesla? Man, this song really has been covered by just about everyone…




Everything I Own .

Whenever you see a (E) which indicated it had been enhanced using youtube tools to make it louder.
If you unable to watch the video over this blog, please click here.




Published on Feb 7, 2014
Ref: 20140217-00051-2015071402-00120-VIDEO0077 If
Recorded at Sunderland, United Kingdom

If you unable to watch the video over this blog, please click here.




FB: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone006
Backup FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Nakason/335170904327
Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamesNakasoneHuangCareer/posts
Blogger Site http://jntubechannels.blogspot.com/
Blogger Site:http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.com/
Download: https://vimeo.com/99999999
News: X Factor hopefuls experience joy and sorrow at auditions in Sage Gateshead

Contact: Skype id: jamesnakasone

Video Shot by Myself
Video Edited by Myself
"Everything I Own' Originally sang by David Gates, the Lead singer of the musical group called Bread.
Written by:  David Gates.

Category: Music
License Standard: YouTube License
Created using: YouTube Video Editor
Source videos: View attributions

Everything I Own


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Everything I Own" is a song written by David Gates. It was originally recorded by Gates's rock band Bread for their 1972 album Baby I'm-a Want You.

"According to the book 1000 UK #1 Hits by Jon Kutner and Spencer Leigh, at his father's funeral, a friend took David Gates aside and said, "Your dad was so proud of what you were doing." David agreed by replying, "My success would have been so special to him as he was my greatest influence. So I decided to write and record Everything I Own about him. If you listen to the words, 'You sheltered me from harm, kept me warm, gave my life to me, set me free,' it says it all.”[1]

The original hit number five on the American Billboard Hot 100. Billboard ranked it as the No. 52 song for 1972.[2]





You sheltered me from harm
Kept me warm, kept me warm
You gave my life to me
Set me free, set me free
The finest years I ever knew
Were all the years I had with you

And I would give anything I own
Give up my life, my heart, my home
I would give everything I own
Just to have you back again

You taught me how to love
What it's of, what it's of
You never said too much
But still you showed the way
And I knew from watching you
Nobody else could ever know
The part of me that can't let go

And I would give anything I own
Give up my life, my heart, my home
I would give everything I own
Just to have you back again

Is there someone you know
You're loving them so
But taking them all for granted
You may lose them one day
Someone takes them away
And they don't hear the words you long to say

I would give anything I own
Give up my life, my heart, my home
I would give everything I own
Just to have you back again
Just to touch you once again


Read more: Bread - Everything I Own Lyrics | lyrics.wikia.com








Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New templates on your Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. JN Creative Entertainment - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger