Home » , , , , , , , , , » Release Me (And Let Me Love Again) - (Cover Version of Engelbert Humperdinck)

Release Me (And Let Me Love Again) - (Cover Version of Engelbert Humperdinck)

Release Me ...

Fortunately I was grew up with this song.  This is one of my late beloved father's favourite song.  This Oldies song is evergreen in England.  There are so many old folks love this song in the pubs where I sung.  Almost everyone will sing alone with you.  I sung this song in one of my xfactor in UK and also BGT too.

"Release Me" (sometimes rendered as "Release Me (and Let Me Love Again)"), is a popular song written by Eddie Miller and Robert Yount in 1949. Shortly afterward it was covered by Jimmy Heap, and with even better success by Ray Price and Kitty Wells. Subsequently, a big seller was recorded by Little Esther Phillips, who reached number one on the R&B chart and number eight on the pop chart.[1] A version by Engelbert Humperdinck reached number one on the UK Singles Chart.[2]

The Engelbert Humperdinck song has the distinction in the UK of holding the number-one slot in the chart for six weeks during March and April 1967, and preventing The Beatles single, "Penny Lane" / "Strawberry Fields Forever", from reaching the top. "Release Me" was also the highest selling single of 1967 in the UK, recording over one million sales, and eventually became one of the best selling singles of all time with sales of 1.38 million copies.[3]



Release me

Whenever you see a (E) which indicated it had been enhanced using youtube tools to make it louder.
Here is the link, if you wish to watch over youtube directly.



Enhanced Published on October 26, 2014
Ref: 2014102607-00081-2014102607-00005-SUNP0003 Release Me
Recorded at Stadium of Light, Sunderland, United Kingdom
Here is the link, if you wish to watch over youtube directly.



Published on May 6, 2014
Ref: 20140506-00080-2014102607-00120-SUNP0003 Release Me
Recorded at Stadium of Light, Sunderland, United Kingdom
Here is the link, if you wish to watch over youtube directly.



Enhanced Published on October 26, 2014
Ref: 2014102607-00094-2014102607-00005-SUNP0001Release me
Recorded at South Shield, United Kingdom
Here is the link, if you wish to watch over youtube directly.



Published on may 9, 2014
Ref: 20140509-00083-2014102607-00083-SUNP0001Release me
Recorded at South Shield, United Kingdom
Those who love to listen to my singing and keen to invite me to sing in any concert as your guest singer or xfactor, BGT, AGT, The Voice or any musical events, feel free contact me at london.jamesnakason at gmail dot com. Preferred countries mostly from USA, Canada, Russia, EU, UK, Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Thailand, Philippines, Australia, NZ, India and South America. I love singing, and play musical instruments like Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Bass, Harmonica (24 holes), Violin, Recorder (Soprano & Treble-altro), Midi gadgets.

Special Attention my dear FOLKS ...
Backup FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Nakason/335170904327
FYI, The above link had been removed by the BLOODY EVIL PARASITES FUCKbook, due to their BLOODY lame excuses copySHIT law.  My cover songs have NO COMMERCIAL VALUE and I am only just a student learning to sing these songs and put that online so that my friends or anyone can comment on it so I can continue to improve my singing.  These EVIL BASTARDS removed my most favourite FUCKbook fan page on above link.


FB: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone006/ 
Latest FUCKbook: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone001/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamesNakasoneHuangCareer/posts
Blogger: Site: http://jntubechannels.blogspot.com/
Blogger Site: http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.com/
Youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/c/JamesNakasoneHuangCareer
Backup Youtube Site: https://www.youtube.com/user/dhammatunes 
Download: https://vimeo.com/99999999
News: X Factor hopefuls experience joy and sorrow at auditions in Sage Gateshead

Contact: Skype id: jamesnakasone or alphajanaka

Video Shot by Myself
Video Edited by Myself
"Release Me'' Originally sang by Miller
Written by:  Eddie Miller, Robert Yount, and James Pebworth[1] under the pseudonym Dub Williams,[2][3] published in 1946.

Category: Music
License Standard: YouTube License
Created using: YouTube Video Editor
Source videos: View attributions

http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.com/2014/10/release-me-and-let-me-love-again-cover.html


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Although Miller later claimed to have written the song in 1946 and only being able to record it himself in 1949, he co-wrote it with Robert Yount in 1949.[4] As they were working at that time with Dub Williams, (a pseudonym of James Pebworth),[5] they gave him one-third of the song. The song was released with the writing credited to Miller-Williams-Gene, as Yount was using his stage name of Bobby Gene.[4]

Although owner of Four Star Records, William McCall, would usually add his pseudonym "W.S. Stevenson" to the credit of songs he published, he failed to do so in 1949. However, in 1957, Miller and Yount entered into a new publishing agreement with Four Star Records, in which "W.S. Stevenson" replaced Williams as co-writer.[6]

Yount signed away his royalty rights to William McCall in 1958, after which the credits to the song officially became "Miller-Stevenson", although multiple variations also existed.[6] Engelbert Humperdinck's version, for example, is credited to Eddie Miller, Robert Yount, Dub Williams and Robert Harris. That last one, however, turned out to be also a pseudonym for James Pebworth.[7]

With the bankruptcy of Four Star’s successor in interest, the copyright to the song was acquired by Acuff-Rose Music. When the initial term of copyright ended in 1983, it was renewed for a second term. Between 1983 and 1985 Acuff-Rose paid royalties to Yount, until they were notified by the family of the deceased William McCall of the 1958 assignment. Acuff-Rose then suspended payments until the dispute between the claimants was resolved. On December 24, 1996 the United States Courts of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, upheld the claim of the McCalls.[6] 

The story of how the song reached number one in the UK Singles Chart[8] is one of pure chance and being in the right place at the right time. In 1965, Humperdinck, who at the time was performing under the name of Gerry Dorsey, met up again with an old friend of his, Gordon Mills. By this time Mills was successfully managing Tom Jones. He took him onto his management roster and changed his name. He released a couple of near misses in the UK although one song "Dommage, Dommage" had been successful in Europe.[2]

Early in 1967, Humperdinck was asked to stand in for Dickie Valentine, who was ill, on the variety TV show Sunday Night at the London Palladium.[2] The show was one of the biggest rating shows in the UK at the time. He sang his latest song, "Release Me", an old US country hit, on the show and it reached number one in the UK Singles Chart on 2 March and stayed there for six weeks, keeping "Penny Lane"/"Strawberry Fields Forever" by The Beatles off the top of the charts in the process.[2] The record stayed in the charts for a record fifty-six consecutive weeks.[9]

The B-side, "Ten Guitars", became a surprise hit in New Zealand among young Maori moving to the cities for work, and not long after, the wider New Zealand music scene itself.[10] 'Ten Guitars' later served as the name for a documentary on New Zealand popular music.[11]

Song Lyrics
Please release me, let me go
For I don't love you anymore
To waste our lives would be a sin
Release me and let me love again

I have found a new love, dear
And I will always want her near
Her lips are warm while yours are cold
Release me, my darling, let me go

(Please release me, let me go)
For I don't love you anymore
(To waste my life would be a sin)
So release me and let me love again

Please release me, can't you see
You'd be a fool to cling to me
To live our lives would bring us pain
So release me and let me love again
(Let me love, let me love)



Read more: Release Me Lyrics | Wikia 









Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New templates on your Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. JN Creative Entertainment - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger